Posts Tagged ‘#PRM’
February 1, 2010 16 comments
At Josh, We did some brainstorming and came up with some ideas that our team suggested would be good learning topics at Rails meetup.
To put that into effect, we hope to raise the bar for Pune Rails Meetup#3 and take some technical sessions ( basic and advanced). People are expected to come with their laptops configured with Rails.
Please add comments to this post with a list of topics if you are interested in learning about something in Ruby or in Rails! We need to shortlist these topics and we need feedback. We then need to finalize the comprehensive topic list – maybe get some voting on the topics from Rubyists.
1. Ruby meta-programing (advanced)
2. Regular Expressions in Ruby (basic)
3. forking using spork (advanced)
4. Ruby threads (basic)
1. polymorphic associations & STI (basic)
2. writing a rails plugin (advanced)
3. Social networking connects – authentication & sharing via openIDs (basic)
4. DelayedJob (basic)
5. Ruby event machine / nanite / RabbitMQ (advanced)
6. Deployment in the cloud (advanced)
Hosting the event
1. We can pool in some funds (or get some sponsors) and host this event at PYC, deccan. If there is some company or venue that can host this event, please contact us.